First egg!!

I have 1 of my 6 laying. Every day I find an egg it’s like the first egg all over again. I have 2 EE and they will be laying later as they are younger. If I get a green or blue egg I’ll go crazy. I really want my little granddaughter to find a coloured egg.
Gee almost forgot, congratulations on your first egg

Last edited:
I have 1 of my 6 laying. Every day I find an egg it’s like the first egg all over again. I have 2 EE and they will be laying later as they are younger. If I get a green or blue egg I’ll go crazy. I really want my little granddaughter to find a coloured egg.

Ha! I would fall over dead if I got a blue or green egg...one of these days I'll get me an EE

I hear ya! Mine are at 16 weeks and the foot is a tappin'... bunch o' free loaders.

I told mine the rent was due this pass weekend and then I started getting eggs, try telling them that

I ended keep girls in coop til 245, let them out when Mrs Marty had laid in the nest box..YAY...only a couple hours later to have my husband come running in the house with a stick in hand (he's afraid of Mr Marty) and tell me Mrs Marty was in coop laying an egg! Soooo I have another one laying too! Yippy

Thanks! And I to only have one of my 5 laying, but your right, yesterday when I went out after she’d just laid another egg it wasn’t any less exciting! I’m waiting on my EE to, she’s a couple weeks younger than the rest of mine, here’s to both of us finding some blue or green eggs :fl

I ended keep girls in coop til 245, let them out when Mrs Marty had laid in the nest box..YAY...only a couple hours later to have my husband come running in the house with a stick in hand (he's afraid of Mr Marty) and tell me Mrs Marty was in coop laying an egg! Soooo I have another one laying too! Yippy
He’s afraid of Mr. Marty, that’s funny :lau But woo hoo! More eggs. My barred rock has been checking out the nesting boxes lately, and now watches Rosie Everytime she’s in there so maybe she’s next :confused:

He’s afraid of Mr. Marty, that’s funny :lau But woo hoo! More eggs. My barred rock has been checking out the nesting boxes lately, and now watches Rosie Everytime she’s in there so maybe she’s next :confused:
Oh that's good, monkey see monkey do. My rooster does not like my husband or my older sons...he has always been fine with the girls and I, but the girls and I spend a lot of time taking care and just sitting and watching them. The one time my husband did feed them he aimlessly walked around the farm with their feed bowls looking for their food, that's the first time he got it from behind from Mr Marty, THEY WERE HUNGRY! I think Mr Marty is harmless, my husband says otherwise

Back
Top Bottom