First egg!!

Mamasaurusrex2

Songster
Jun 5, 2019
This morning I was shoveling out the duck house to put in some clean, extra straw because it's going to be super cold tonight, when out came this little thing on my shovel! I was so surprised. I have two girls. A 5 month old rouen and a buff that may be a bit older, but should be close in age I think. Any guesses which this egg is from? I guessed the buff, but my rouen was extra happy and friendly this morning lol. Anyway, to be honest I haven't scooped their house in a few days. Last Thursday was probably the last time I was in there as I've been super busy. Is this egg still edible? I wasn't prepared, so I went to the store and got egg cleaner, a couple cartons and some oyster shell for calcium. Is this good for them? Sorry, new duck Mama here!! I'm very excited and proud of my girls!!
20191001_111940.jpg
20191001_111951.jpg
20190928_225320.jpg

20191001_111932.jpg

My Buffs lay a whiteish egg. Your egg makes me think Muscovy lol. I know it isn’t but that’s what my Muscovy eggs look like.
Oh that's funny! I washed it off and it was white like a store bought chicken egg. I was surprised. I caught my buff eating the oyster shell today so I'm thinking it must be hers. She laid another this morning in a pretty little nest and had it all covered up.

Back
Top Bottom