First Egg

Apr 16, 2020
Northern Florida
I have been waiting for a long time for the time to come when one of my girls would lay her first egg, I've checked the egg box every day for weeks! This morning while I was at school my mom heard a lot, A LOT, of ruckus coming from the chicken coop. She looked out the window and only saw 2 of our girls in the run, she went outside to see where the other girls where, when she got to the coop the ruckus was still exploding from it. Knowing what was probably happening she quietly peeked in the coop windows and saw 3 of our wonderful girls each in their own egg box all staring up at her, one of them, wendy, was loudly telling my mom that she wanted her to go away. Since they are my pets and I've been talking for weeks about wanting to see the girl's first eggs she decided to not disturb them anymore and let me check the egg box when I got home from school. When I got home I ran to the backyard stopping for a second to say hi to my babies and then unlatched the eggbox, and sure enough, nestled in the far corner of the last egg box was a small brown egg! Of course, I needed to know who it was from so I had to check [ not going to go into the details] and it turned out My favorite chicken, big mack [ my brother named her and it stuck] was the one! Of course, I told everyone that my baby layed her first egg!!!!!! She wasn't the one I expected to lay first, But, I'm glad it is her!!! I've been waiting for weeks after seeing the first signs of the girls being ready to lay! Her egg was about 1/4th smaller than a regular egg! Exciting times! tell me about your first egg experiences!

Back
Top Bottom