First Egg!

I never thought I’d get this egg-cited about chickens laying eggs:wee
[/QUOTE]
I feel the same way! 2 of mine just started laying and it’s better than Christmas! In fact, I just heard the egg song and I’m anxiously waiting a few minutes before I run out and collect the prize. Last night I went out to shut the coop and one of the layers (Dottie) was in a nest box. She acted cagey when I reached in. I checked under her and no egg. I waited and watched. She stood up half way and sat back down. Then I checked and found the warm egg. What?! Miracle of miracles.

I never thought I’d get this egg-cited about chickens laying eggs:wee
I feel the same way! 2 of mine just started laying and it’s better than Christmas! In fact, I just heard the egg song and I’m anxiously waiting a few minutes before I run out and collect the prize. Last night I went out to shut the coop and one of the layers (Dottie) was in a nest box. She acted cagey when I reached in. I checked under her and no egg. I waited and watched. She stood up half way and sat back down. Then I checked and found the warm egg. What?! Miracle of miracles.
[/QUOTE]
That's wonderful! I haven't heard the egg song, but I've heard a racket lately coming from mine, LOL. I guess when each of them get into their cycle, they'll lay roughly the same time every day. My first layer seems to lay late afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom