First egg!!

ChickenMumma3

In the Brooder
Nov 21, 2021
Our gorgeous Golden laced Wyandotte "Goose" laid her first egg today!
She has been showing tons of signs so we have been on high alert. So exciting!

Only issue now, tonight she seems to be sleeping in the nesting box ..... Which she has never done before, not sure what to do about that?

Attachments

• IMG_20211204_142709.jpg
    IMG_20211204_142709.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20211205_015819492.jpg
    PXL_20211205_015819492.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20211126_223426163.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211126_223426163.MP.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 8
congratulations! the first egg is always special :celebrate

she may behave weirdly for a couple of weeks while she adjusts to laying, and you may get some weird eggs too while her system gets into the rhythm of it. But if she stays in the nest day and night she may have a health problem, related to laying or something else entirely, so I would keep a close eye on her while she's doing this.

A first egg is always cause for celebration! Congrats to you and your lovely girl!

BTW, I have a Blue-Laced Red and a Colombian; Wyandottes are great birds. They're physically beautiful, have peaceful temperaments and no inclination to fly away.

congratulations! the first egg is always special :celebrate

she may behave weirdly for a couple of weeks while she adjusts to laying, and you may get some weird eggs too while her system gets into the rhythm of it. But if she stays in the nest day and night she may have a health problem, related to laying or something else entirely, so I would keep a close eye on her while she's doing this.
She same out of the nesting box today and was her normal self. We had our first two really cold nights last night and tonight, so I wonder if she realized how warm it was to be nesting in there ! Lol

I was actually really surprised with how beautiful her first egg was!

A first egg is always cause for celebration! Congrats to you and your lovely girl!

BTW, I have a Blue-Laced Red and a Colombian; Wyandottes are great birds. They're physically beautiful, have peaceful temperaments and no inclination to fly away.
Thank you!
They have such fun personalities! I got the breed on an off chance and fell in love ❤️

Back
Top Bottom