First Egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by annanicole18, Aug 9, 2009.

1. annanicole18

annanicole18 Songster

Mar 16, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Got my first egg from my black sex link hen raised from a day old chick woot woot so excited. first time in over 10 years that i have had chickens that i raised from babies lay me eggs. looking forward to my 2-3 eggs a day now.

2. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    Congrats....How old are your girls?? I have several different breeds that are 22 weeks old and still not laying...Lucky you!

3. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Congrats! Two of mine started laying last week! It's awesome!

4. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. liltexas409

liltexas409 In the Brooder

Jul 25, 2009
    texas city texas 77590
    FIRST EGG..WHOO HOO
    Congrads on the new eggs! I just got my first one as well about 45 minutes ago!! I heard all this commotion and ran out there to do a preditor check and had a little brown egg from my Austalorp. Here is my question: Why was she picking aggressively at the egg? She was standing over it and pecking at it with conviction. I have to pull these as they were recently wormed but Im excited to see an egg,just wondering what the pecking on it is all about.

7. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. annanicole18

annanicole18 Songster

Mar 16, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    well my girl is about six months. i knew she would be laying anytime because she had turned really red in the face and did the submissive wings down sit thing when i went to pick her up for the past week. oh i also got another one from her today yay! i dont know why she would be pecking prolly just trying to figure it out i would take it away as soon as possible and she will eventually get over the newness. i got lucky and have two older hens that i bought already laying so she knew exactly where to lay since there were other eggs already in there

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: