First Egg!!!!!!!!!!

ksct

Songster
10 Years
Apr 23, 2009
upstate, NY
last evening on my way home from work i got a call from DS and DH... DS was soooo excited! we got our first egg EVER from ONE of our 20 week old Buff Orpington (laid the same day they turned 20 weeks)!!!!!!!! We didn't have any this morning so i'm hoping we'll have at least one more when I get home. ...I have no idea who laid it which is kind of a bummer.

this is from DH's cell phone. there's one egg and two golf balls. I will be a firm believer that if you put something in them, not only do they not go in there (nests have been open for over a month and they haven't gone in there) and that it helps them know where to go. She moved them up in the front of the box so she could lay in the back. it's SO exciting!
29072_1029091723.jpg

this is the egg in DS's hand. He wants to boil it (he loves hard boiled eggs) He wants to be the one to eat it!
29072_1029091724.jpg

this is our egg next to a large grocery store egg. I don't know why it came out blurry.
the egg is perfect! no poo or anything on it and the color is perfect! Not too much smaller than the grocery store..... we'll see what happens when we get more!
29072_1030090634a.jpg

not saying this as an experienced chicken farmer....but if you check their vents you can sort-of tell who who has let a few go and who is still immature. I've just recently gotten a first egg and could tell immediately who it was due to their vent - if anyone disagrees please tell me why, I would love to learn! PS that is of course if they are willing to take the bend and let you examine!

Back
Top Bottom