First Egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Getaway Gal, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Getaway Gal

Getaway Gal Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2009
    Hocking Hills
    Got our first egg today from our 24 week old mixed breeds (NOT from the Chihuahua, as the picture might suggest)! I think that it was from one of the Buff Orpingtons. We weren't sure if we'd see any this year or have have to wait until spring. After a few million more, we might actually make up for our investment!

[​IMG]

2. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    Very nice. [​IMG] It's so fun to see that first egg. I got my first about 3 wks ago from a little banty, I felt like Charlie in Willy Wonka when he found the golden ticket..lol Since then she has only laid 1 a week...I guess it's that time of year. Enjoy

3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!! You may have to share that egg though - I've seen taht look on my Greyhounds face ( loves eggs!!!!) [​IMG]

4. weaveagarden

weaveagarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Hoquiam, Wa
    That is great!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Someone told me that once you get one the rest follow. It couldn't be more true for me. Last week at this time, I had nobody laying (all 21 weeks) Today I gathered 4 eggs. That makes a total of 18 for the week. 5 of 12 girls are laying... WooHoo! So let us know as others follow the leader.

Isn't this just the best fun? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by