first egg

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Tony K T, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I got my first egg today(sat)and it is from my grey peacock pheasants.Yes the same pair that has been outside all winter here in N.H.There pen is polyed all around so no dratfs get in.
    The cockatiels are breeding already and they too are outside all winter.Diamond doves have 3 nest with 2 eggs each in them.I hate to say it,but I think winter is over.
    In N.H.,Tony.

2. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    congrats on the grey egg Tony

3. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Awesome Tony!
    [​IMG]

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    I hate to say it,but I think winter is over.

LOL, WITH ALL THAT GOING ON YOU BET HOPE SO [​IMG]

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't really been looking for eggs from our ringnecks and the other day I found 6 eggs in a nice little pile under some brush.

Steve

6. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Hopefully my pheasants crank up the end of this month. Thats sweet on the egg Tony.Hope its fertile. [​IMG] Mine seem to lay a good month after everyone else on here has produced. And my other bird buddies here lay late like mine.

7. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:Maybe for you ......lol
    Grats

8. oleduke

oleduke Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2008
    WV
    I have 12 Red Golden eggs already, no Ring-neck eggs yet [​IMG] , and 2 Yellow Golden eggs. I kept the hen I purchased at a local flea market this past summer, but none of those males. I culled them all as I couldn't be sure of anything with them. The hen I kept as company for one of my boys. Congrats getting eggs this early Tony, especially being so far north.

9. MorganVT

MorganVT Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2009
    VERMONT
    Quote:Tony - you spoke too soon, you probably are getting what we are, SNOW, WIND and more SNOW? What do they say about March..comes in like a....[​IMG]

10. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Got another grey peacock egg.Firing up the bator.
    Nope,no snow here just hi winds.It was 55 yesterday and this morning.By noo it was 30.Come on snow.
    In N.H.,Tony.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by