First egg!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by KDK1, Jul 30, 2011.

1. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

We got our first egg yesterday, and wouldn't you know it,we're 1000 miles away. My chicken sitter emailed me and said he knew something was up when he opened the coop door and saw a golf ball in the middle of the coop floor. She evicted it from the nest and replaced it with a perfect brown egg... Yea!!! He said he'll take a picture of it before he fries it!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Congratulations! We got our first white egg this past week - and it was so much fun! We're headed out of town this morning, and I just know that my brown egg layers and blue egg layers will probably lay their first eggs while we're out of town.

Just think - by the time you get back home, you'll have eggs waiting on you!

3. hisdaughter

hisdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Lakeland
    Congrats on your 1st egg. That's so exciting and you will have something great to come home to. Your chickens are growing up! For some reason it made me think of my son's 1st day of kg..another great milestone. Hope you are having fun wherever you are and be safe

4. KDK1

I already told the sitter that he could keep any eggs since he's doing me a favor. I'm going to make him one of my automatic waterters for his services.

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Maybe your sitter can take a picture of your first egg and send it to you. Congratulations!

6. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    How old are your hens?

edited to say Congrats! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats!!! [​IMG] I'm sure your sitter will love the auto waterer!

8. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

9. KDK1

Quote:19.5 week RIR

10. KDK1

Quote:He said he would but don't think I can post it with this "smart" phone. I'll have to wait till I get home on the 15th. Is your feeder still working OK?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by