First Egg!!!!!!!

YEAH!!! There were 2 eggs in the nest today!! I am so glad these girls decided to start laying. They are 8-9 months old and they just started laying. Oh and one was a green egg.
Chris

Congratulations to everyone with the first eggs!!
wee.gif
What size are they? I started getting eggs a couple of weeks ago and they are very small! I have red and black sex links and barred rocks that are 23 weeks old this week! I hope they do get bigger soon!!!

The worst part of the first egg is if you don't know who did it!
lol.png
I just got a dark brown egg yesterday I have never seen before, and I have my friend and fiance taking shifts to check nesting boxes today in the hopes that they will catch a new girl nesting
woot.gif

I hope they do!!

CONGRATS!
big_smile.png
celebrate.gif

Congrats! It's so exciting! I have 6 girls and 3 are laying right now. My RIR was laying for almost a month before 1 or 2 of the EE's started laying. The blue eggs are obviously from one of them, but we are also getting small peach eggs now that can either be new eggs from the Dominique, the NH or the other EE. Nothing from our Marans yet. I've seen 4 of the girls in the nest box or doing the egg dance, but only get 2 or 3 eggs a day. I feel like a chicken detective trying to figure this out!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom