First Egg!!

ksohn79

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 6, 2012
Claremont, NH

We are so excited...we got our first egg tonight! I thought for sure that one of the girls was laying an egg this afternoon with all the cackling that was going on in the coop. I waited for things to quiet down and went out to check but no eggs. Tonight after dinner the kids went out with my husband to tend to the chickens. Next thing I know my daughter who is 3 runs in barely able to talk she is so excited and tells me her brother found an egg! It was a very exciting night for all of us!

I came home from work today, looked into the coop at the six nest boxes, each of which has a Titelist golf ball as an "entincer", and counted SEVEN, not 6 golf balls! The wife and I just split a ham egg and cheese English muffin cooked with our first egg. It was kind of tough.... (guess I cooked the Titelist, not the egg)...... One of our Barred Rocks is, I'm guessing, the donator of this little gem. 20 weeks old last Monday, so I guess we're right on schedule. With the cost of the brooder, the new coop, the fenced in run, etc. I guess this was about a $900 dinner! And that's without drinks and a tip. Well worth it though.

Congrats on your biddies finally turning productive! Now you can eat healthier homegrown eggs...yummm
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom