First EGG

Richard

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Antioch IL
big_smile.png
Well 1 of my girls finally laid and egg yesterday it was one of the Iowa Blues it was a very small egg (about the size of a quarter)but man it was tasty. Could not belive the color of the yolk . It was a very dark colored orange.I was very happy to find that she laid it in the nest .All the Girls are 22 weeks old and all except 2 have really bright red crowns and wattles so I am hoping to get alot eggs very soon. So now I have some questions how long will she being be laying the small eggs for?
should I fill their feeder with layer feed or should I wait till some more of the girls start laying?

I have 11 hens and some of them started laying about three weeks ago. They all started with very small eggs but have gradually gotten bigger to the point that they are large now and I have even had several double yolk eggs. Now when I get a small egg I know it is one of the girks who is new at laying. I put mine on laying crumbles as soon as they started laying. Good luck!
big_smile.png

:cool:over easy LOL I just checked she is on the nest laying another one right now hopefully the other girls will get the hint

Back
Top Bottom