First eggs ever

mattv1984

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2016
. My first dozen eggs from my 6 leghorns. Been getting 6 a day from them.

I'm so excited! We got our first egg 2 days ago. Our girls are only 16 weeks old. We haven't even gotten the dividers in our nesting boxes yet because we thought we had a couple more weeks. So that's on the to do list this weekend. Still waiting for our 2nd one. Any ideas on when that could be?

I'm so excited! We got our first egg 2 days ago. Our girls are only 16 weeks old. We haven't even gotten the dividers in our nesting boxes yet because we thought we had a couple more weeks. So that's on the to do list this weekend. Still waiting for our 2nd one. Any ideas on when that could be?
I think it depends on the chicken breed on how fast they lay. Mine are leghorns and they usually lay once a day. I've been getting 6 a day. For some reason all 6 of ours use the same box.

I think it depends on the chicken breed on how fast they lay. Mine are leghorns and they usually lay once a day. I've been getting 6 a day. For some reason all 6 of ours use the same box.

Thanks! We ended up getting another one 3 days later (the 13th) then 1 on the 14th, 16th and 2 today!! The last 3 have all been in the nesting box. It's fun going out to check every day.
1f60a.png
1f414.png

I think it depends on the chicken breed on how fast they lay. Mine are leghorns and they usually lay once a day. I've been getting 6 a day.
For some reason all 6 of ours use the same box.
Typical......sometimes that can be a problem, sometimes it is not.
Put some fake eggs/golf balls in some of the other nests to 'spread the love'.

Back
Top Bottom