First eggs in the incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gottsegnet, Sep 24, 2010.

1. gottsegnet

gottsegnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Nebraska
    I don't even know for sure what they are, just the eggs we had laid this morning. It's sort of practice so that in the spring when we have more valuable eggs we will have hopefully learned how to do this.

But I'm excited! Even if they are (probably) mutts!

2. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Congrats. I hope you get lots of fuzzy butts. They will be cute and they won't care if they are mutts [​IMG] It is a good idea to practice so you can work the kinks out of your incubator etc.

3. gottsegnet

Mar 19, 2009
    Nebraska
    Yeah. My daughter wants to start some salmon faverolles in the spring and we'll be much more upset about a failed hatch then!

4. Liexicof15

Liexicof15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    It's such a rush. When that first egg pips, you'll be hooked! It's almost as addicting as caffeine. Be sure you can afford the habit. LOL. Good idea to practice. Good luck! [​IMG]

5. gottsegnet

Mar 19, 2009
    Nebraska
    I sort of just started it up without saying anything to my husband. I didn't think he'd be upset exactly. After all, I bought the incubator AFTER he said to go ahead. But he's been grumbling about feed bills recently and, well, you probably know how it goes sometimes.

Anyway, he went out and searched the hen house for more eggs and goes and stares at them as much as the kids!

6. bahamas

bahamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    yu go ! hope you have succes and fun dont forget the fun !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by