First eggs question

Looks like 4 unique shapes to me.
Guessing end eggs came from same bird.
Ohh yeah that makes sense. I know 100% that the far right one was from Dolly (BO) so that leads me to believe that the middle one was our other BO Goldie, and the green & pink are from the 2 EEs (Pidgey and Iris). Now I just need to figure out which one is which. Thanks for that input.

I have 2 RIR, 2 Domaniques, 2 Ameracaunas. All about 22 weeks old. I usually get 3 eggs for the last 2 weeks, but a week ago I had one rough shelled, white egg out in the run on the ground and nothing like it since. Any ideas which breed laid the egg and why it hasn't laid again?

I have 2 RIR, 2 Domaniques, 2 Ameracaunas. All about 22 weeks old. I usually get 3 eggs for the last 2 weeks, but a week ago I had one rough shelled, white egg out in the run on the ground and nothing like it since. Any ideas which breed laid the egg and why it hasn't laid again?
My only advice is to watch them closely and regularly. I’ve been able to catch my Buff Orpingtons laying enough now to know exactly which egg is from which bird. I got one green egg from an Easter Egger over a week ago (laid in the run too!) and haven’t gotten another since either. I think they can be quite irregular in the beginning. Just keep watching closely.

View attachment 2796168
This week’s eggs. I’m not sure if they’re all 4 laying now or just 2-3, but we got 2 eggs the first day, 1 egg the second, none the third, and 2 the fourth day. I know the dark brown are from the BOs, but I’m not sure about the lightest brown/pink one. This sure is fun!

FEB44226-ED85-4B6E-BBE6-4DBF96918D67.jpeg

We’ve gotten 12 eggs in a week! 11 have been from the two BOs. The lighter, pointier brown egg is Goldie’s, and the rounder, darker brown egg is Dolly’s. The green egg is still a mystery. Hopefully we’ll see some more of those soon!

My only advice is to watch them closely and regularly. I’ve been able to catch my Buff Orpingtons laying enough now to know exactly which egg is from which bird. I got one green egg from an Easter Egger over a week ago (laid in the run too!) and haven’t gotten another since either. I think they can be quite irregular in the beginning. Just keep watching closely.
Thanks for the feedback. Ill keep watching.

Back
Top Bottom