first eggs!

ladizzlee

Chirping
Dec 12, 2020
so i have 4 chickens, one boy and 3 girls.

the rooster and one of the girls are 19 weeks old.

the other two girls probably are about 14 weeks old.

they have their feed and water but i let them roam my backyard everyday so they can have some free range time.

i’ve always read that hens start laying around 6 months so i was never expecting any eggs until this happened tonight. my husband went out to the coop to check on everyone and found these two small eggs inside. is this even possible getting eggs this early and the fact that there’s two eggs does this mean she might have laid them at the same time or what. they are also hard shelled. i’m geeking out right now lmfao, i’m excited but i want to put their health first.

i know now i need to go get some oyster shell and i also have to start feeding them all flock?

the second photo is the two eggs in comparison with a store bought “large” egg.

Attachments

• 0BC0B3C8-9BF5-44FC-844F-A8DE9E56477F.jpeg
    0BC0B3C8-9BF5-44FC-844F-A8DE9E56477F.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2ABF3AD7-4DF1-4D8C-AFC3-4BF880BA0C24.jpeg
    2ABF3AD7-4DF1-4D8C-AFC3-4BF880BA0C24.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 3
It is very normal for hens to lay before 6 months. They're eggs are very little for the first few eggs then they get bigger after time. Those are beautiful eggs!
my husband went out this morning around 8:30am to let them out and saw no eggs but about an hour later i went out and only saw three chickens out so i went and checked inside the coop and she was walking around so i left her there and 30 mins later i saw her out with the rest of the flock and went back and found another egg!

i wish i knew the breeds of my flock but it seems like i get a lot of answers as to what they are.

Back
Top Bottom