FIRST EGGS!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Shag, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Shag

Shag Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2009
    NC
    My wife has been doing 95% of the feeding/watering/cleaning for the chickens but yesterday after work I just happened to walk back and check on them. These are our first chickens ever. I was pretty surprised/excited to find 3 eggs! We have 6 chickens and got all of them too young to lay. We were expecting a couple of them to start soon but I was almost feeling like it just wasn't gonna happen for some reason but...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Congradulations [​IMG]

3. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    WOOHOO! Congrats on the first eggs. Plenty more where those came from!

4. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Congrats on your first eggs and guess what: it never gets old. I still thank my hens personally by name each day when I collect my eggs. [​IMG]

5. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Congratulations! Those eggs have a really nice color too!!![​IMG]

6. Shag

Shag Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2009
    NC
    Thanks, y'all. [​IMG] I did tell them "Nice work, ladies!" when I found them. I just now went out there this morning (froze my feet off) and let them out of the coop and gave them more food. No more eggs yet. Still haven't eaten any of the first three from yesterday. I figure my wife put the most work into the chickens so she deserves the first eggs. But after that... it's open season on them. [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by