First Geese, Advice?

Thanks I love them. I made a small movable play pin for them outside and they follow me around eat the weeds under the grass. I gave them some grit before I took them out. I grow duckweed and dwarf water lettuce for my fish and they love it! I want to let them swim but I've only had them for 4 days(I don't know exactly how old they are). When they are in the brooder(an old aquarium, perfect for them! no water mess on the floor) I see them preening and trying to waterproof themselves.
Here they are after going outside today:

Thanks I love them. I made a small movable play pin for them outside and they follow me around eat the weeds under the grass. I gave them some grit before I took them out. I grow duckweed and dwarf water lettuce for my fish and they love it! I want to let them swim but I've only had them for 4 days(I don't know exactly how old they are). When they are in the brooder(an old aquarium, perfect for them! no water mess on the floor) I see them preening and trying to waterproof themselves.
Here they are after going outside today:
Let them swim in your tub fill it deep enough for the water to hit right at top of legs for the first time. make sure water is nice and warm, let them play then take them out before the water starts to cool pat dry and place right back in brooder to warm up and finish drying you'll love watching them in the water. once they have gotten use to the water make it deep enough next time they can float but never leave them unsupervised they can get water logged and drown. They will start preening and getting the oil gland working and be water proof before long But never leave them alone in water. They can tire real easy, They look very tired and happy.

Back
Top Bottom