First Geese, Advice?

Pinky

Songster
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
South GA
Hi everyone, I just received 5 African goslings for my bday, will post a pic after my camera charges. There is not much out there on the web about African geese other than they are not from Africa and was hoping to get some more info on them and geese in general. I do not know exactly how old they are but one of them had a piece of an egg shell on its neck. So far they are eating and drinking well and staying warm under the heat lamp,

Hi everyone, I just received 5 African goslings for my bday, will post a pic after my camera charges. There is not much out there on the web about African geese other than they are not from Africa and was hoping to get some more info on them and geese in general. I do not know exactly how old they are but one of them had a piece of an egg shell on its neck. So far they are eating and drinking well and staying warm under the heat lamp,
Congrats on your new babies and Happy Birthday, what a nice gift. I don't have Africans but basic care of goslings is the same so I'll pass it on to you and hopefully someone who has this specific breed will be on soon to fill you in on this breed

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-and-caring-for-goslings

Well my gosh i thought you already had them, lol so you just got the news you were getting them for your Birthday. Glad they aren't coming till later when the weather is nicer so many have already lost their ducklings from being sent to early in the awful weather we have been having.

LOL, you have me confused with Pinky. She just got the geese for her birthday. I'm Elizabeth and am doing a lot of research on the geese, Trying to get all my ducks in a row. LOL. The Giant Dewlap Toulouse will be here in May.

LOL, you have me confused with Pinky. She just got the geese for her birthday. I'm Elizabeth and am doing a lot of research on the geese, Trying to get all my ducks in a row. LOL. The Giant Dewlap Toulouse will be here in May.
Yep I did sorry should have went back and reread.
smile.png

Thanks for the link! It is very helpful. Here are my African goslings:

There's 5 of them, one is hiding. I took them outside yesterday as the weather was nice and warm and they loved it. They started picking at the clovers right away.

Thanks for the link! It is very helpful. Here are my African goslings:

There's 5 of them, one is hiding. I took them outside yesterday as the weather was nice and warm and they loved it. They started picking at the clovers right away.
Aww they are adorable. and so much fun at that age too. follow ya just like your their mama. Be sure to offer chick grit once they start eating anything other than their starter.

Back
Top Bottom