First hatch and not able to witness it. :(

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Today is day 21-22 for our broody hen and eggs. 4 are planned to hatch.
wee.gif
We've always bought day old chicks and raised them, instead of hatching. Last year I tried it in a homemade incubator, it didn't work, and now our broody hen is setting.
pop.gif

So here I am, at my mom's house, and the eggs are at my dad's house with the broody. About an hour or more away.
barnie.gif
If they hatch this week, I will miss the whole thing! The pipping, hatching, and first days of the babies. Our first hatch and won't even be able to see it!
hit.gif
barnie.gif

Just thought I would share it with you guys. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
frow.gif

There is always next time. I missed my last hatching, my first keets, and eggs from a hen who was killed...

It'll be ok, just enjoy them when you get back to your dads

Yeah I've been trying to talk my mom into letting us go to see them this weekend, because it's a very special occasion.
fl.gif

Quote:
LOL crying won't work for my mom. But I did send her an email:

"Hi!
I was just wondering if we could go to dad's house this weekend. Then we could come back here and stay for the rest of the week, since *my brother* and I need the rest of our vaccinations.
We should go to dad's house this upcoming weekend because one of our chickens laid some eggs and 4 are planned to hatch VERY soon; this is going to be our first-ever hatch, and the eggs are from our own flock of chickens. So as you can tell, it is a very special occasion(to me anyway). It's bad enough that they are planned to hatch this week during school and I'm going to miss it all, but it's even worse if I would have to wait all weekend PLUS another week. By the time we see the new chicks, they will already be 2 weeks old.
sad.png
I understand that this weekend is suppose to be your weekend with us, but it's really important that I am there to care for and see the baby chicks that hatch. I've been waiting for almost 10 months for our first eggs to hatch, since the first time with the incubator did not work. Watching the baby chicks hatch and grow up is really all I've been thinking of ALL winter and until now. All the past 21 days that the hen has been setting on the eggs, I've been counting down on both my school calendar and my cell phone's calendar to this week, which is when they are planned to hatch.

I hope you realize how important it is to me to see the new generation of baby chicks this weekend.
Thanks!"

LOL does it sound convincing?
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom