First Hatch of the New Year

Kwartel

Songster
9 Years
Jul 7, 2010
Oklahoma
I just had a nice hatch out of the new Brinsea. 30 new babies, with no early or late hatchers. I ended up using a cardboard flat with the tips cut off for ventilation and just let them hatch out of it. It has been super dry here so I had to throw a sponge in for extra humidity toward the end. They started pipping and zipping on the night of Day 17. I took twenty out on the morning of Day 18 and ten more a few hours later. All of the chicks are going strong.

62482_sn201929.jpg

62482_sn201933.jpg

62482_sn201942.jpg

62482_sn201944.jpg

Beautiful Babies!!!! I have a batch cooking right now and I can't wait for fuzzie butts!!

Edit: Great assortment of colors!!!

Last edited:
HATCHING FEVER is HERE! hahaha...i have eggs incubating also......some of mine, some of Buttercup's ...need to get some from a couple other folks on here next.....
clap.gif

BTW...i LOVE the first pic ...of the chick hanginging over the edge of the bator base...reminds me of a little kid looking out the back window of a car waving..........cute

Quote:
He/She definitely has the quail attitude down! It cracks me up how funny they are when they flop over to sleep with their feet stretched out or flap their stubby little baby wings.

Back
Top Bottom