First Hatch of the New Year

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Kwartel, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Kwartel

Kwartel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I just had a nice hatch out of the new Brinsea. 30 new babies, with no early or late hatchers. I ended up using a cardboard flat with the tips cut off for ventilation and just let them hatch out of it. It has been super dry here so I had to throw a sponge in for extra humidity toward the end. They started pipping and zipping on the night of Day 17. I took twenty out on the morning of Day 18 and ten more a few hours later. All of the chicks are going strong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    Beautiful Babies!!!! I have a batch cooking right now and I can't wait for fuzzie butts!!

Edit: Great assortment of colors!!!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

HATCHING FEVER is HERE! hahaha...i have eggs incubating also......some of mine, some of Buttercup's ...need to get some from a couple other folks on here next.....[​IMG]

4. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

BTW...i LOVE the first pic ...of the chick hanginging over the edge of the bator base...reminds me of a little kid looking out the back window of a car waving..........cute

5. Kwartel

Kwartel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:He/She definitely has the quail attitude down! It cracks me up how funny they are when they flop over to sleep with their feet stretched out or flap their stubby little baby wings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by