First hatch of the year from McMurray

Jdhite

Chirping
Sep 22, 2022
Winston-Salem, NC
Received my 25 feather footed females from mcmurray's first hatch of the year today. They shipped Monday, the 23rd and I picked up at post office about 7am this morning the 25th. This is my first experience with ordering/shipping chicks. Anyway, I'm happy to report that all 26 chicks (they included an extra feather footed female as our surprise chick) arrived alert and looking great. They're settled into their brooder and eating/drinking well. The box was packed well, with two heat packs underneath the bedding. So far, I'm extremely pleased. I plan to update this thread periodically with how this batch of birds is doing!

Now now now. I know you are relatively new here, but you can’t just post you got new chicks and then NOT post pics of the cute fluffy butts! 😂

I’m following to see what you end up with!

I'll get a better pic asap!! 😂
0947F9E4-3ED0-435D-B681-D0D4466DC42B.jpeg

We received our order from McMurray last week on Wednesday. Part of our order was for 6 Dominique females, a cream legbar and also a silver leghorn. I’ve lost 4 of the 6 Dominiques, and Leghorn & my legbar. One of my two gold polish is distressed. In total I received 26 chicks from them and I’ve lost 7 chicks, that’s a 27% fatality rate! Some of their chicks were the same size as my bantams I hatched from our own eggs last January.
Conversely, I also received an order of 15 from Hoover and didn’t lose a single chick. I’ve also purchased several from Rural King (they also get them from Hoover) and they’ve also all been healthy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 3
We received our order from McMurray last week on Wednesday. Part of our order was for 6 Dominique females, a cream legbar and also a silver leghorn. I’ve lost 4 of the 6 Dominiques, and Leghorn & my legbar. One of my two gold polish is distressed. In total I received 26 chicks from them and I’ve lost 7 chicks, that’s a 27% fatality rate! Some of their chicks were the same size as my bantams I hatched from our own eggs last January.
Conversely, I also received an order of 15 from Hoover and didn’t lose a single chick. I’ve also purchased several from Rural King (they also get them from Hoover) and they’ve also all been healthy.
I’m so sorry! How bad was the weather?

Back
Top Bottom