First hatch of the year.

Is this the regular monthly hatch-a-long? I don't want to be bugging the wrong people with Max stories.

Max watching Family Feud. BTW, that's a 50', Max is getting huge. He is almost 9 lbs.

We were working on the coop today. I am going to try water bottle lights. Has anyone every tried them in their coops?

Just put some eggs in this afternoon. Gonna be a mixed up bag of mut chickens. Something to do til I start hatching eggs I have on order for February. Trying an experiment. 3 eggs were fresh today and 5 are eggs that I put in the fridge for 2 days. I have heard of people hatching them so I will find out for myself

Is this the regular monthly hatch-a-long? I don't want to be bugging the wrong people with Max stories.

Max watching Family Feud. BTW, that's a 50', Max is getting huge. He is almost 9 lbs.

We were working on the coop today. I am going to try water bottle lights. Has anyone every tried them in their coops?

anyone that doesn't know Max I'm sure will be excited to know him now!

Max definately knows his name and isn't ready to come in the house.

0.jpg

I have 7 eggs due to hatch Jan. 14th. I don't have high hopes for a successful hatch though. They were given to me when I bought some chickens. They are all purebred eggs, as everyone is seperated into their own pens, but he wasn't sure of fertility and with it being cold here and the eggs might have got cold outside, so i guess we will see. I mean free hatching eggs are free hatching eggs lol, and they are from SQ chickens so it is worth a shot! 5 of them are modern game bantams eggs (I don't remember the colors) and 2 LF White Plymouth Rock eggs (from the two hens I bought). They were laying great before I got them, but go figure they quit. Probably the stress of moving, I was going to throw more eggs in with these but no one laid so.... I will candle and toss sure quitters on Sunday, being day 9.
fl.gif
crossing my fingers on the moderns, I would love to have some, just didn't buy adults when I was there. It would be awesome if the white rocks hatched too, but this summer I should have more of them running around here than I can count.

Good luck to everyone with their hatches!

I have 7 eggs due to hatch Jan. 14th. I don't have high hopes for a successful hatch though. They were given to me when I bought some chickens. They are all purebred eggs, as everyone is seperated into their own pens, but he wasn't sure of fertility and with it being cold here and the eggs might have got cold outside, so i guess we will see. I mean free hatching eggs are free hatching eggs lol, and they are from SQ chickens so it is worth a shot! 5 of them are modern game bantams eggs (I don't remember the colors) and 2 LF White Plymouth Rock eggs (from the two hens I bought). They were laying great before I got them, but go figure they quit. Probably the stress of moving, I was going to throw more eggs in with these but no one laid so.... I will candle and toss sure quitters on Sunday, being day 9.
fl.gif
crossing my fingers on the moderns, I would love to have some, just didn't buy adults when I was there. It would be awesome if the white rocks hatched too, but this summer I should have more of them running around here than I can count.

Good luck to everyone with their hatches!
My eggs that my friend hatched, did really well. Some of them were out in the cold during the day. They'll all made it to hatch. One died during zipping, all the rest still doing great. I've heard of people hatching after being in the frig. You could have a great hatch.

Ha, he is cute. It love when my chickens start to learn their names (the ones that have them), then you can tell if they are ignoring you or not lol!
He usually stands on a small pen just around that corner. When I call him, he pokes his head around. It's so cute. That was what I was expecting when I recorded him. I have tried teaching my other chickens their names. They know while in the house but something happens when they live with the rest of the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom