First Hatch Story(((PICS)))

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Domestic_goddess, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I set 34 eggs out of backyard flock on March 9th. 20 of which were fertile. They hatched on 30th and 31st, finally had 9 that hatched. 1 black, 2 grey, 1 red and 5 yellow. The 2 that are still wet, were the last the hatch and they were struggling and I thought they wouldn't make it, but this morning the are walking around,eating and drinking. This was my first ever hatch and I'm happy now that I know that I can actually do this, and I'm hoping my next hatch will be an even bigger success! But I couldn't be happier with 9! [​IMG]

I'm going to wait to hatch again next year, I can't handle the stress and sleepless nights of worry. Thanks to all those that helped and were supporting me!

2. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. The Old Yolks

The Old Yolks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2011
    [​IMG]Congratulations on your new babies![​IMG]Your post made me giggle when you said you were waiting until next year to hatch again because you couldn't handle the stress & sleepless nights. Boy do I understand that statement! I have made myself crazy starring into the incubator. I guess I thought it would somehow make the process go faster if I just looked at them all day long. I can't even count how many times I woke up in the middle of the night in panic because I was just sure the incubator had gone cold. Which of course it hadn't but I still had to get up and check. I'm sure you understand completely [​IMG]. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Congratulations again. Enjoy your little bundles of fluffy love. Have a Blessed Day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by