First Hatch

Now I'm worried, if my thermometer that I've been using has been wrong this entire time and instead of 99.5 it has been at 97 or below...will my eggs even hatch??

Since your on day 20-21 I'm not sure. Your humidity is good for the hatch but if it has been high the hole time they maybe don't have good air spaces. Have you candled them to look for the air space? I think I would just get my temp up to 101 and wait a couple days to see. Since your temps were low you may need to wait 4 or 5 more days. I would candle before throwing them out. If they are good you should see movement.

Candled them on day 18 and saw air pocket, no movement on that day, but I've never been able to see movement with my eggs, just basics (veins, clear, air pocket).

I am happy about the humidity, I think it is that high because I filled the 2 water troughs at the bottom of the hova bator to get them through the hatching days. But it should not have been that the entire time, because before day 18 I only kept the one trough partially filled.

I suppose only time will tell. But the wait is horrible when you know all the mistakes you possibly made!!!

he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
barnie.gif

Thats great to hear!!
big_smile.png
Yes it is hard for me to sleep when babies are hatching too I get up alot of the times to check on them but it always seems like they get out alot faster when Im not watching them. lol

Yes, I would love to go to bed...fall asleep quickly and wake up in 6 hours to a little fluff butt.

BUT somehow I don't think that is going to happen!
wink.png

I have three out!!! Yeah!!!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Here is Rusty & Eaglet:

27192_chicks2apr09_014.jpg

And no name yet:

27192_chicks2apr09_016.jpg

Also, have no idea what any of these are, because got them from a friend. Not sure if anyone can tell at this age, but would love some guesses!

Back
Top Bottom