First Hatchery order! Safe n'sound!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lmz534, Aug 25, 2011.

1. lmz534

lmz534 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2011
    Hatched on the 23'd in Cameron,TX (Ideal) and arrived this a.m. at our small town Ohio post office at 4! Meet my chicks . . . 4 Barred Rock pullets, 8 White Rock Pullets and 2 teenie lil' silver laced Cochin banties [​IMG] They are all super healthy and vibrant! Very busy little babies. I am very impressed with the 100% live shipment. Took a couple tries to get the heat lamp adjusted right, but got it perfect for them this evening and they are laying spread appart under it's glow, resting peacefully! All of them ate and drank vigorously and even got in some play fighting (those little banties have NO fear!) My two children were beyond excited. The 3 yr. old wanted to sleep in the garage with them! Overall, super pleased with our first chick experience! Wish us luck growing these little bundles!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Awe, too cute! Congratulations on your new chicks and thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

3. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Ohhh they are sweet! Congrats!

4. cottagechick

cottagechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    Quote:I am trying to see which ones are the Bantys...are they alot smaller? Can you take a picture of a banty next to a lf?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  5. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    [​IMG] Congrats!

6. Orangina

Orangina Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2011
    Yay for baby chickens! You sure have a nice assortment there, good luck to you and your new friends. I love the part about your kiddo wanting to sleep with them...

We just received a shipment of chicks today as well, so I'm excited right there with you. Baby chicks are the bestest! [​IMG][​IMG]:weee

7. JellyBeanCee

JellyBeanCee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Awww this makes me so antsy for my own small flock! I guess I've gotta really step up the building of their home.... Congrats on your new babies!!!

8. lmz534

lmz534 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2011
    Thanks everyone! 24 hours later, they are still doing great!

9. mystang89

mystang89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Louisville
    Congrats, I was thinking about going with IDEAL as well. Did you specify what sex you wanted and if you did then did you get the sec you asked for?

10. equusbeth

equusbeth Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2011
    Waco, TX
    Congratulations!!!!! They look so sweet!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by