First Hatching Experience. Serama and Japanese Bantam.

When are the eggs going to start hatching?

• Total voters
Pics
:hit:hitThey didn't make it. There was one that I knew for sure was still alive earlier, but when I cracked the air cell I saw that it was shrink wrapped. The drop in temp didn't help. I wish I would have helped it out when I saw it move. Another one was in position, but the last one was malpositioned, it's head was in the small end. I would love to just hop right in and try again but I'm going to wait until after my sister's wedding.
Oh no!! I’m so so so sorry Stephanie :hugs

Hi Pugsabi,

I know this from a while back but I am wondering how your incubation went? I have two sets of shipped Serama eggs that I’m starting in my Brinsea mini today. I am also thinking of not turning for a few days to let them recover from shipping. Did this work for you? ANY advice is welcome, thanks so much!!!

Unfortunately none of mine survived due to a power outage that dropped the temperature and my own error. However, four of them did make it to be fully formed in the shell.

I received mine in the late summer coming from Arizona so I incubated them right away without letting them rest after shipping. I was worried the the heat from Arizona and my own state of Texas(and the delayed shipping) would have caused them to start developing already.

Some were scrambled and most had detached aircells (including some that almost made it) so I fashioned some little cups out of egg cartons and keep them upright without turning for the first three days.

After that I had them rest on their side and turned them as usual. I keep the temperature at 100° and the humidity above 40. Then raise it really high at lockdown. Keep an eye on the aircells and adjust accordingly.

The hardest thing was keeping the humidity steady. That is what killed a few of my babies, they got shrink wrapped.

Unfortunately none of mine survived due to a power outage that dropped the temperature and my own error. However, four of them did make it to be fully formed in the shell.

I received mine in the late summer coming from Arizona so I incubated them right away without letting them rest after shipping. I was worried the the heat from Arizona and my own state of Texas(and the delayed shipping) would have caused them to start developing already.

Some were scrambled and most had detached aircells (including some that almost made it) so I fashioned some little cups out of egg cartons and keep them upright without turning for the first three days.

After that I had them rest on their side and turned them as usual. I keep the temperature at 100° and the humidity above 40. Then raise it really high at lockdown. Keep an eye on the aircells and adjust accordingly.

The hardest thing was keeping the humidity steady. That is what killed a few of my babies, they got shrink wrapped.

I’m so so sorry about the power outage and loss :(

Thank you VERY MUCH for all the info! I really like your idea about the egg carton stands and may have to try that myself. I really appreciate it! I’m in Southern California and it is DRY right now so I’m trying to keep humidity around 45.

One last question, Did you manual or auto turn?

Thank you again!

I’m so so sorry about the power outage and loss :(

Thank you VERY MUCH for all the info! I really like your idea about the egg carton stands and may have to try that myself. I really appreciate it! I’m in Southern California and it is DRY right now so I’m trying to keep humidity around 45.

One last question, Did you manual or auto turn?

Thank you again!
I used auto turn on my Brinsea mini. The every 45 minutes setting. You're welcome and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom