First hatching on the new BYC

Dipsy Doodle Doo

ODD BIRD
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
My Coop
Yaay! Today is Day 21 and they're popping out!
3 Naked Neck crosses already out.

DSC09046.JPG

2 naked necks and a feather neck
smile.png

Lisa
DSC08408-copy-copy.jpg

Last edited:
YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our first new babies here! Congrats! I have some due on tuesday! I cant wait! And done forget to post pics!
wink.png

Well, good news and bad news. The A'cana had pipped about 1/2 way around the shell. When I checked the hatcher at 12:30, it was hard at work finishing its way around the shell.
At 2:00,.was not moving. I couldn't provoke it into moving, so I pulled it out of the hatcher and it was already dead in the shell. No idea why. It was a perfectly developed chick.
The NN crosses are in the brooder --- pics as soon as I get them loaded...

Lisa

possible it drowned in its own fluids, low humidity or died of exhaustion.

I just had some hatched yesterday and lost one Amercuana chick, it pipped, working its way around the shell and then died. I was assuming it may have been the low humidity in the incubator because I forgot to water in the third week and I only water in the incubator just three days before hatching. The shell membrane was like tough rubber paper....so out of 13 eggs expecting to hatch.. I got ten chicks alive and kicking now at three days old today.

awww there absolutely adorable!!!!! I love them! Unfortunately only 2 of my 5 that were due hatched. I candled the others and they look like they died about a week ago.
sad.png
But I have my bator filled up again so its only a matter of time. LOL Congrats on your new cuties!

Back
Top Bottom