First Home Eggs Adopt-an-Egg Hatch a Long!

Where's Ganache?
Or are you not sure which chick she is?
Unfortunately with 25 they all got mixed up! 😂 The only two not to hatch were barn 2 egg 7, and barn 1 egg 2. I sold 10 after work, so here are a few pics!

The other 15 will join their new home on Wednesday morning. Was supposed to be tomorrow but a big snowstorm is coming so I get to keep them one more day…

1678754287845.jpeg

1678754304162.jpeg

1678754320436.jpeg

1678754338683.jpeg

Last edited:
Super Cute! Congrats on such a great hatch.
Thanks! 25 out of 29 fertile makes me super happy! 😊
Which one is chick 5?
That one I do know. I had to use a toothbrush to fluff her out a little with all the dried gunk, but she looks much better now! Went in to take a pic & they are all sleeping in a pile under the heat plate. I won’t disturb them now…but I can show you tomorrow!

Thanks! 25 out of 29 fertile makes me super happy! 😊

That one I do know. I had to use a toothbrush to fluff her out a little with all the dried gunk, but she looks much better now! Went in to take a pic & they are all sleeping in a pile under the heat plate. I won’t disturb them now…but I can show you tomorrow!
Ok thanks! What does she look like?

Hi! I am setting 28 eggs from our family farm. It will be my first hatch with my own eggs since we have 4 roosters! (About 50 hens, so each boy has his favorites). Fingers crossed they are covering most of them! I will whittle them down to 22 after the first candle, but I’m double-stacking my NR360 until then just in case there’s a bunch of infertiles.

If anyone would like to join in & “adopt” an egg to “name” and cheer for, I would love having you along for moral support! They are Easter Eggers/BYM eggs.

If you would like, please choose an egg numbered 1-18 (from barn 1, group A), and 1-10 (from barn 2, group B). I’ll post who has what egg once most/all are taken! I’m so excited! 😊

ETA: I threw in 3 more beautiful blue & teal eggs, I couldn’t resist! They will be extra eggs 1-3.

*Check last page for current list of available eggs to adopt!*
I would love if this was done again. That’s a fun idea for a hatch-a-long!

glad you have a couple days to play with the babies. So you didn't keep any of them?

My first few hatches this year (well think started in Nov or Dec) were like that. I hatched for someone else had the babies for a couple days then they went to their homes. I missed them and not having time with them. LOL Excited this time to have time with the chicks since they are mine. I will have to sell some of them but since I only have a few of each breed I can't sell them until I know the sex since I want at least 1 hen from each breed. LOL

Back
Top Bottom