First incubating experience

Willow2253

Crowing
Dec 6, 2019
Eastern Oregon
So this is my first time incubating eggs. I’ve had a broody do it before, but I have been wanting to have the experience of doing it myself. Over the weekend, I picked up a Nurture Right 360 and 18 fertile eggs. I set them today at about 6 pm. Here I’ll be logging how it goes.
Here’s the eggs I have in the incubator. They’re from a barnyard mix of crested legbars, americanas, French black copper marans, leghorns, blue laced red wyandottes, ayam cemanis, and more.
C1952D91-2867-417C-B8F6-9A3CC89E63C8.jpeg AD118C4C-7314-4D0F-B022-B6E7C0CD49B7.jpeg
I’m so excited and nervous about this. I’ve done the research, I know what to do, but I still can’t help checking on it every hour. I don’t know if I’ll be able to sleep tonight. I just can’t wait.:D

I think you made a good choice of incubators. You may consider getting a shelf liner on the bottom under the eggs. Some peeps have had issues with chicks feet getting caught in the holes. I think it was mostly with small banties.
BTW,,, how is your solo survivor doing?
Do you have plans on dealing with the possible 50% cockerels?

I think you made a good choice of incubators. You may consider getting a shelf liner on the bottom under the eggs. Some peeps have had issues with chicks feet getting caught in the holes. I think it was mostly with small banties.
BTW,,, how is your solo survivor doing?
Do you have plans on dealing with the possible 50% cockerels?
I’ve actually already got shelf liner in there. The hatching tray is grey, and the shelf liner is white. As for boys, we may keep 1, and either process or rehome the rest.
The solo chick is doing really well. Her mom had her out of the nest yesterday and she was running around being adorable.

Back
Top Bottom