First Incubation!/ Due Jan. 1st

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mirajane, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Mirajane

Mirajane Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2015
    California
    Hello Everyone! I just joined this site in hopes of getting help from anyone experienced with incubators. I set 14 eggs, 10 of mine and 4 of a neighbors, and they are due on the 1st of January. I bought a Farm Innovators Incubator from tractor supply after saving up my money. I'm under 18, and I have been told I'm not allowed to state my age. Well, I saved up, bought it, and rushed into incubating, and I wanted my chicks on New Years. I hope I can hatch these chicks. I have candled them, and they all seem to be alive, except for one I threw out early that didn't develop.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    WElcome to BYC Mirajane! I already had tagged you on the incubating with friends thread, your welcome to join us anytime you wish, just pop on and tell them whats in the bator! How exciting, your in lockdown I assume?

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Yes :welcome

I'm with you, I have 15 eggs due on the 1st as well :)

Good luck with your hatch!

4. davekos

davekos New Egg

Dec 18, 2015
    Upstate New York
    Lol! I bought the same incubator and I have 24 eggs in it right now and they're due to hatch on the first too. It's not a bad incubator just don't trust temp or humidity. Good luck

5. Mirajane

Dec 28, 2015
    California

I bought three thermometers and two hygrometers after doing research, the incubator is 8 degrees off temp.

6. Mirajane

Dec 28, 2015
    California

Yes, in lockdown. 11/13 internally pipped so far. Thanks for the invitation!

7. Mirajane

Dec 28, 2015
    California
    One hatched baby! I think I have 3 pips, but it's hard to tell

8. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    So, Mirajane, how did your hatch go? I saw you on the NYD HAL, but I'm having a hard time keeping up over there! My final count was 14/17, 2 quit the first week and 1 didn't make it out after internally pipping. Still, not too bad, me thinks :)

9. Mirajane

Dec 28, 2015
    California
    Went great for my first time! Lots of mishaps along the way, but one died very early, one got killed by a dog yesterday, and 10 in brooder, 1 just hatched in incubator. Last one I'm gonna float test now because I think he might've died late. Out of 14, 11 here now is great!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by