First Incubation!/ Due Jan. 1st

Mirajane

Chirping
Dec 28, 2015
California
Hello Everyone! I just joined this site in hopes of getting help from anyone experienced with incubators. I set 14 eggs, 10 of mine and 4 of a neighbors, and they are due on the 1st of January. I bought a Farm Innovators Incubator from tractor supply after saving up my money. I'm under 18, and I have been told I'm not allowed to state my age. Well, I saved up, bought it, and rushed into incubating, and I wanted my chicks on New Years. I hope I can hatch these chicks. I have candled them, and they all seem to be alive, except for one I threw out early that didn't develop.

Hello Everyone! I just joined this site in hopes of getting help from anyone experienced with incubators. I set 14 eggs, 10 of mine and 4 of a neighbors, and they are due on the 1st of January. I bought a Farm Innovators Incubator from tractor supply after saving up my money. I'm under 18, and I have been told I'm not allowed to state my age. Well, I saved up, bought it, and rushed into incubating, and I wanted my chicks on New Years. I hope I can hatch these chicks. I have candled them, and they all seem to be alive, except for one I threw out early that didn't develop.
WElcome to BYC Mirajane! I already had tagged you on the incubating with friends thread, your welcome to join us anytime you wish, just pop on and tell them whats in the bator! How exciting, your in lockdown I assume?

Lol! I bought the same incubator and I have 24 eggs in it right now and they're due to hatch on the first too. It's not a bad incubator just don't trust temp or humidity. Good luck

Lol! I bought the same incubator and I have 24 eggs in it right now and they're due to hatch on the first too. It's not a bad incubator just don't trust temp or humidity. Good luck

I bought three thermometers and two hygrometers after doing research, the incubator is 8 degrees off temp.

WElcome to BYC Mirajane!   I already had tagged you on the incubating with friends thread, your welcome to join us anytime you wish, just pop on and tell them whats in the bator!  How exciting, your in lockdown I assume?

Yes, in lockdown. 11/13 internally pipped so far. Thanks for the invitation!

So, Mirajane, how did your hatch go? I saw you on the NYD HAL, but I'm having a hard time keeping up over there! My final count was 14/17, 2 quit the first week and 1 didn't make it out after internally pipping. Still, not too bad, me thinks :)

Went great for my first time! Lots of mishaps along the way, but one died very early, one got killed by a dog yesterday, and 10 in brooder, 1 just hatched in incubator. Last one I'm gonna float test now because I think he might've died late. Out of 14, 11 here now is great!

Back
Top Bottom