First incubation

SusanMc

Songster
Jul 28, 2020
BC 🇨🇦
Hello everyone,
Had great visit with a friend, the first since the pandemic. She showed me how to set my incubator, and gave me 1dozen hatching eggs. She has a lovely mix of heritage breeds. I learned so much about saving money without sacrificing quality. Bio security, and lots about mites, whichI think my flock has...but I know how to treat it. So I’m going to read up on incubating, and get my brooder ready. I’m sooo 😜

Congratulations on the new incubater! You sound like me. I just did my first successful hatch with some help from a new friend recently.
I love "chicken friends"!

Like a previous comment said, make sure you get an extra thermometer & humidity sensor. My incubator was a couple degrees off at first. Luckily I had a decent hatch rate. ~80%

Good luck! :)

Ok will do, I did wipe it down to start with, but do you all mean sanitizing it after the hatch is finished ?
yea you need to sanitize it before you start your first hatch and after every hatch, I have heard you can spray hydrogen peroxide over the incubator to sanitize it and then let it hair dry instead of wiping the hydrogen peroxide off.

Back
Top Bottom