First lay of eggs then sudden stop in young chickens? What is the cause for this? Have i done sonething wrong by collecting the first eggs? Pls help

Content coop

Hatching
Aug 28, 2020
My young flock had begun to lay then all of a sudden stopped, I'm in northern cali, our weather is going to cool can that be the issue or have I messed up by collecting my first eggs?

What type of birds do you have?
If they are just starting to lay, it’s normal for it to not be as regular at first. Their reproductive systems are just starting to function and time in between eggs is normal unless you have hybrid sex linked production chickens. Taking the egg has nothing to do with it.

Thank you for that reply and that makes sense they are just starting. So maybe no worries??? I'll keep checking and keep ya posted

What type of birds do you have?
If they are just starting to lay, it’s normal for it to not be as regular at first. Their reproductive systems are just starting to function and time in between eggs is normal unless you have hybrid sex linked production chickens. Taking the egg has nothing to do with it.

I have a mixed flock of rhode island reds, russian orloff, salmon faverolle, deleware, leghornand cuoco maran.

Thank you for that reply and that makes sense they are just starting. So maybe no worries??? I'll keep checking and keep ya posted
Correct, I really wouldn’t worry. Besides, this is also a difficult time of year to get regular eggs anyways. They always slow down with the days getting shorter; so that in combination with just starting out is totally normal.

Back
Top Bottom