First loss today

Beaker99

hillbilly extraordinaire
Mar 31, 2022
Missouri Ozarks
Effing dog from who knows where pulled my black ameraucana through the fence. Her injury appeared minor but she passed within an hour so she had internal damage.
I'm just so frustrated. My little boy is so upset. Just wanted to get some eggs.
How much juice can I put through this fence? It's a premiere one and I guess maybe it wasn't working right? I don't know.

I am so sorry for your loss. So have you checked with people around you to see if it is there dog? If it isn’t I onow my family would have shot it. If you need protection for your girls , a run might be a good idea, make it with hardware cloth, and put a lip of wire on it. Sorry if I missed something.

Police came. No clue whose dog it was. I don't have permission from my landlord to build a run. That's why we have an electric fence. I wasn't there so I'm unsure of the details. Was wondering if maybe the charge is too weak.

Police came. No clue whose dog it was. I don't have permission from my landlord to build a run. That's why we have an electric fence. I wasn't there so I'm unsure of the details. Was wondering if maybe the charge is too weak.
Can you post a few clear pictures of the whole set up?
Was the electric fence turned on?

I'm at work so I can't get a pic. It's just the netting around the coop. Rest of the girls are locked up for now. I'm just trying to figure out how to prevent more of this. We only recently electrified it so maybe it's was human error. Dang.
I want to be mad, but a dog is gonna dog and it's not fort Knox.

Edited to add that we were told we aren't supposed to have an electric fence in town. :he

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom