First night in coop help

TwoArrowsFarm

Hatching
May 25, 2020
So tonight is my girls first night in their coop with their run attached. They seem to love it but tonight I just went to check on them and they were all snuggled up outside in the run in the corner. They have already been in and out of the coop so I know they know how to get in. I put them in the coop so they could be warmer and snuggle up since it’s dark but they immediately all came back out. So I tried again, but they still came back out. How do I get them to go inside for the night? TIA!

I just went out to put a piece of plywood on the opening. It seems like the most logical thing to do. At least I have a month or so before they will be laying eggs so I have a while before I have to stress about how to get them to understand their nesting boxes! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ How long before it gets less stressful about having them in the coop instead of their brooder box at night??? #ChickenMomLife

Well, there is just an opening between the coop and the run with a ladder going between. We built the coop inside our barn and the run on the outside and there is just an opening with the little ladder for them to go in and out. Now I’m realizing that I many have made a rookie mistake. 🤣🤣🤣

Well, there is just an opening between the coop and the run with a ladder going between. We built the coop inside our barn and the run on the outside and there is just an opening with the little ladder for them to go in and out. Now I’m realizing that I many have made a rookie mistake. 🤣🤣🤣
Well, just until they get bigger!

I put my brooder in the coop and that made the transition very easy. The brooder was their safe space and they knew to go in there to sleep. A door on the coop will make it easier to shut them in until they learn.

Back
Top Bottom