First night in the coop for my babies.. Scared mama here

Tiranni

Songster
Jul 20, 2019
Hutchinson, MN
My chicks are finally feathered enough to be in the coop. We worked so hard on making it as safe as possible. I'm praying nothing gets in there, and they are safe and sound. I have a feeling I will not be sleeping much tonight.

We got netting on the top of the run for when they are out. Their coop seems pretty secure... (it's hard to see, but we do have aviary netting over the top)
20190830_190807_HDR.jpg

Enclosure and coop look great! I remember the first night I sent my babies out, I was so worried! Wish I could say it gets easier, but I find it's always a worry in the back of my mind. Wishing you the best, and hopefully you can get some ZZZs!!
Haha Thanks @DiYMama540! I really hope I get some sleep tonight, but as the sun has set, my daughter and I have been out there 3 times already with the flashlight to look in the back window... So far, so good. Here's to hoping the coyotes, mink, and other crazy critters keep their paws off of our chickies!

I'll be getting a few chicks on Sunday and mostly brooding them outside. They might be in a couple nights so I can watch how they are doing with the mama heating pad. I know I won't be sleeping much when I put them out. I do have a pretty safe pen and my older girls have never had an issue but I do worry. Good luck to you. :)

Enclosure and coop look great! I remember the first night I sent my babies out, I was so worried! Wish I could say it gets easier, but I find it's always a worry in the back of my mind. Wishing you the best, and hopefully you can get some ZZZs!!
yeah it don't get any easier for us pretend mama hens thats for sure, son looked at me funny when gave him permission to knock me out, the chicks would be fine and rooster is out free ranging and has already accepted them as flock members so he would protect them and the dogs take their guard duty of the flock very seriously and I still can't sleep good for worrying

Back
Top Bottom