first night without the lamp tonight!

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
My chicks are 6.5 weeks old and are in the garage with a heat lamp on in the day. tonight I decided to take the lamp off of them and sleep without a light. it is going to be in the 40-50's tonight they will be fine! I am excited that they are growing up!

They'll be fine!
thumbsup.gif

Im thinking about the same thing myself. Its been in the high 70's - 80's during the day and 50's at night. They are 4 weeks old so I think its a little soon but they stay on the other side all day, should I just turn it off during the day? They are in a brooder in the shed and I leave the door open for light and breeze.

OMG! ticks, i did the same thing last night. i looked at my chicks in their brooder and they are almost 5 weeks now and i said "i guess it's time" and turned off their heat lamp, now they'll only get the regular lightbulb during the day. i wonder if they even notice.. lol

I am probably late in weaning mine off a light. They are 9 weeks old and just started sleeping without a light. I tried it a few weeks ago, but they let out their scared chirps when it
went out, so I slowly weaned them off of it with a timer (light turned of a little earlier each night). Now, they're sleeping in the dark at night!

Adam

yes, it is sunny in Vermont
big_smile.png
but we dud have thunderstorms last night so I was worried about my pheasant chicks and power going out, but I didn't have to worry about my chicken chicks! I also read that the colder they are (but still decently warm) the faster they grow feathers.

Back
Top Bottom