First official egg as a chickenkeeper!!

Red Horse

Songster
May 16, 2022
Well folks, just found it buried in the nest box! I wonder who laid it and when? I'm so proud of them for depositing it in the designated area near the ceramic ones. Is the first egg usually teeny tiny? It's hard to tell with my huge hands but its ping pong ball-sized and pretty hefty like it has a thick shell. I started leaving out oyster shell a week ago and started mixing layer feed into their grower feed. My husband is so done hearing about the chickens so I had to tell someone :celebrate

Attachments

• 20220913_125319.jpg
    20220913_125319.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 14
I keep reading about a bleach-dawn solution for washing eggs but I can't seem to find a recipe for it. I know not to wash the eggs right after collecting them, but I'll be using them in my home bakery products so I thought I might sanitize them right before I crack them them into my batters?

Well folks, just found it buried in the nest box! I wonder who laid it and when? I'm so proud of them for depositing it in the designated area near the ceramic ones. Is the first egg usually teeny tiny? It's hard to tell with my huge hands but its ping pong ball-sized and pretty hefty like it has a thick shell. I started leaving out oyster shell a week ago and started mixing layer feed into their grower feed. My husband is so done hearing about the chickens so I had to tell someone :celebrate
I am waiting for mine to start laying any minute!

Back
Top Bottom