1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First Paint Silkie Chick

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CardinalRidge, Mar 27, 2012.

1. CardinalRidge

CardinalRidge Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
    Richfield, NC
    We hatched our first paint silkie two days ago!! This cute little fuzz ball is from eggs we received from Catdance Silkies! Both of the paint eggs hatched - the other hatched out black. Thanks, Karen! I was surprised to see the stripes on this ones back. There are lots of spots in other areas, too. Anyone else have one that looks like this??[​IMG][​IMG]

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    [​IMG]

Cute chicks!

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Oh cute! Congrats on the fuzzies!!

~ Aspen

4. beauty2thebirds

beauty2thebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Yoncalla
    Ive got a couple that look very similar to your baby. Just hatched last night. If they are paints I will be so, so happy. That is the one color I am really trying to get. In fact I am bidding on Shayna's and a couple of other egg auction, for just that purpose.
    Congrats on the new addition!!

5. Heather94

Heather94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2016
    Columbus Ga
    I know this post is pretty old, but was wondering what this baby ended up looking like! I have 3 that look just like her

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So cute! Congrats!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by