First pips!

schambo

Songster
Jun 27, 2022
Atlantic Canada
I'm just really excited! This is my first attempt incubating eggs. It's more of a fertility test than anything, to see if my blue copper marans boy has the goods, and to practice with my incubator. I set 6, at day 18 two were obviously not viable on candling and 3 seemed good, and one seemed good but farther behind? I don't seem to have a lot of luck with candling, maybe because of the brown eggs? I don't really see much.

Anyway, this morning (day 20) two were peeping, and this afternoon two had pipped!!! I'm so excited!

You can’t make out the pips in the photos, but I promise they're there! 😂

IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg

Okay, so #3 has looked like this for at least 2 hours, and still isn’t out. They’re still moving a bunch and trying to push. At what point do I intervene? Their siblings have knocked them about a bit, will that make a difference?

Attachments

• 3462598C-0145-4EE5-87C2-E71F5FF0B6D9.jpeg
    3462598C-0145-4EE5-87C2-E71F5FF0B6D9.jpeg
    431.1 KB · Views: 3
Okay, so #3 has looked like this for at least 2 hours, and still isn’t out. They’re still moving a bunch and trying to push. At what point do I intervene? Their siblings have knocked them about a bit, will that make a difference?
let them be. intervention probably not a good idea

Congrats! For future though, they can take up to 24 hours from pip to hatch. Some of mine pop right out so fast it shocks me, and others have taken about 8 hrs, never longer though.

Back
Top Bottom