First quilt block swap 2016

Your blocks look sooo together! Your points are together precisely! I would love to be able to be so precise!!
idunno.gif
My blocks are going to be in 3 different backgrounds. One is a burnt orange, the other is an orange print and the 3rd is a blue print. I'm in the process of cutting. I just dislike this part most of all!! I want to be very precise, but they never quite come out the way I want. Oh well! It is what it is!
big_smile.png
The burnt orange sounds yummy.

In case anyone is interested in the fabric that was used in the Prairie flower pattern on post 74, MSQC has the layer cake on sale,
here is the link
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/dailydeal
LOL You are of no help. I just went and deleted their advertising email in my inbox so as to hopefully avoid buying this fabric and now here you go and post the link again. Hahahahaha! Are they paying you? Doesn't this fabric look delicious?

LOL You are of no help. I just went and deleted their advertising email in my inbox so as to hopefully avoid buying this fabric and now here you go and post the link again. Hahahahaha! Are they paying you? Doesn't this fabric look delicious?
lol they should pay me but some how I end up paying them, the daily deals are killers, yes this looks wonderful, I actually got a layer cake for 2 dollars no shipping with my saved points, yeah think how much I had to have spent,, yep.....I know we may have to start a FA (fabric's anonymous group) lol. another bad thing might be a good thing is I have to have cash for my hobby I refuse to pay with CC that would be really dangerous. I know how to hoard the $$'s lol

lol they should pay me but some how I end up paying them, the daily deals are killers, yes this looks wonderful, I actually got a layer cake for 2 dollars no shipping with my saved points, yeah think how much I had to have spent,, yep.....I know we may have to start a FA (fabric's anonymous group) lol. another bad thing might be a good thing is I have to have cash for my hobby I refuse to pay with CC that would be really dangerous. I know how to hoard the $$'s lol
Ohhhh you got the fabric from this line. Did you also order the border fabric? It looked like they were out of it or is it the floral striped fabric? The one thing I would replace is the centers. I would like to see some color there. Maybe a light yellow. Can't wait to see the quilt you make. Be sure to post pictures. Tempted...

Ohhhh you got the fabric from this line. Did you also order the border fabric? It looked like they were out of it or is it the floral striped fabric? The one thing I would replace is the centers. I would like to see some color there. Maybe a light yellow. Can't wait to see the quilt you make. Be sure to post pictures. Tempted...
oh no not this line. I agree I'd pick a different center color

BTW I peeked and the blocks Anna6 did are just wonderful, this is going to be a lovely quilt, I think I say that on every swap lol but it's true we have wonderful lovely blocks in our swaps.

In case anyone is interested in the fabric that was used in the Prairie flower pattern on post 74, MSQC has the layer cake on sale,
here is the link
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/dailydeal
Thanks katsdar!!
lol.png
I can't resist a good deal on fabric, soooo I just had to order it! Never bought a layer cake before. Hopefully, cutting out of smaller pieces will help me enjoy the process a little more!!

Thanks katsdar!!
lol.png
I can't resist a good deal on fabric, soooo I just had to order it! Never bought a layer cake before. Hopefully, cutting out of smaller pieces will help me enjoy the process a little more!!
Oh I may have created a monster, you will be spoiled with layer cakes-precuts, already pretty much cut, no trying to figure matching fabrics a layer cake cut in half and in half again will give you 4 charm packs etc, on the back of your packaging you should have "How to slice a layer cake" if for some reason it's not in there let me know, lots of ways to slice it up. Now some makers don't put in the 42 10" squares so check before you buy, some are only 20 10" squares,the price will clue you in too, can't think of the makers right now. so you have mini-charms, charms, layer cakes, (the half layer cake can't think what it is called) jelly rolls, honey buns and a few more. Then check out MSQC tutorials, this is one of my first quilts I made a couple of years ago with my layer cake, it was Christmas theme and it turned out really pretty.

and then the five and dime by Kansas Troubles is really nice rugged quilt, not supposed to match up, so if you make it don't freak like I did,

I have their book, so many options so little time lol just remember don't give your DH my number, it's not my fault
gig.gif

Oh I may have created a monster, you will be spoiled with layer cakes-precuts, already pretty much cut, no trying to figure matching fabrics a layer cake cut in half and in half again will give you 4 charm packs etc, on the back of your packaging you should have "How to slice a layer cake" if for some reason it's not in there let me know, lots of ways to slice it up. Now some makers don't put in the 42 10" squares so check before you buy, some are only 20 10" squares,the price will clue you in too, can't think of the makers right now. so you have mini-charms, charms, layer cakes, (the half layer cake can't think what it is called) jelly rolls, honey buns and a few more. Then check out MSQC tutorials, this is one of my first quilts I made a couple of years ago with my layer cake, it was Christmas theme and it turned out really pretty.

and then the five and dime by Kansas Troubles is really nice rugged quilt, not supposed to match up, so if you make it don't freak like I did,

I have their book, so many options so little time lol just remember don't give your DH my number, it's not my fault
gig.gif
Oh my!! Just watched the videos! I think I may have found my thing in quilting! I loved both of those quilts and especially the ease of the cutting. Now that is what I call easy! And the precision of the precut fabric!
clap.gif
Don't worry about DH! He is used to my whims!!!
gig.gif
He's a gem!! I'm going to go look up the book! I have Amazon gift cards!!!
ya.gif
I wish we lived closer! It would be fun to get together! I could learn a lot from all of you! A quilting weekend or a week!! Oooo!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom