First quilt block swap 2016

WAIT
i just discovered this...
and i sew, and and always trying to swap for hatching eggs.
I'm going to spend some time looking through the archives, I'm excited!
kate
currently 5 silkie chicks and 7 silver appenzeller spitzhauben chicks, two sebastopol eggs in the bator!
and a fabric stash that far outweighs the finished products
Welcome and hopefully you will be able to join in on the fun, but we don't swap for eggs/chicks here just make and swap let us know how your babies do.
welcome-byc.gif

katsdar ~ I'm in sw ohio. And we only got about 3.5 inches of snow. The worst was the wind and we had about one foot drifts in the yard, and it was 4 degrees here yesterday morning. But!!, today it is 43 degrees and it was sunny, but is overcast right now! Typical Ohio weather!!
smile.png
What about the quilt show in Atlanta? That could be a good place to go!! Is it warm there in February? I have to go someplace warm!!! I kinda left this year's anniversary (43rd) in DH's hands. Not sure what he will come up with, but a trip to a quilt show would be fun, but not something I think he will think of!!
lol.png
I wish I could have went to the one Anna6 went to. It looked interesting. I'm going to start going back to the quilt shop this week. I need more thread and that is a good excuse to go!! Oh!! I received the Loose Change quilt book and the ruler! I'm really excited about that!
ya.gif
I'm going to make my nephew a quilt and he likes purples. Maybe one of these!!?? I really liked coldupnorth's quilt pattern also. So many decisions!!! I'm going to start on it after this one.

Last edited:
katsdar ~ I'm in sw ohio. And we only got about 3.5 inches of snow. The worst was the wind and we had about one foot drifts in the yard, and it was 4 degrees here yesterday morning. But!!, today it is 43 degrees and it was sunny, but is overcast right now! Typical Ohio weather!!
smile.png
What about the quilt show in Atlanta? That could be a good place to go!! Is it warm there in February? I have to go someplace warm!!! I kinda left this year's anniversary (43rd) in DH's hands. Not sure what he will come up with, but a trip to a quilt show would be fun, but not something I think he will think of!!
lol.png
I wish I could have went to the one Anna6 went to. It looked interesting. I'm going to start going back to the quilt shop this week. I need more thread and that is a good excuse to go!! Oh!! I received the Loose Change quilt book and the ruler! I'm really excited about that!
ya.gif
I'm going to make my nephew a quilt and he likes purples. Maybe one of these!!?? I really liked coldupnorth's quilt pattern also. So many decisions!!! I'm going to start on it after this one.
Well warmer for you I'm sure but not for me!!!

smile.png
lol.png
ya.gif
Hmm the weather has been weird. I think Atlanta had snow? My DH was flying back from a business trip in florida, very nice weather there, and had problems at his stop over in Atlanta because of the snow. It will be in the low 70 here in socal, still cold for me but maybe good for you?

Please post any progress on a Loose Change quilt. It is on my to do list also. It should be a quick quilt but it is oh so attractive. I think it would be a great gender neutral and or guys quilt. My 26 year old son also likes purple and sleeps under a black, brights and lots of purple quilt.

Wishing you a wonderful anniversary. I think Atlanta quilt show should be super.

Thank you Anna6 for the anniversary wishes! How was your quilt event?
Getting ready to start putting my blocks together tomorrow!!!
clap.gif
Just a few more 4 patch to sew together then on to the whole block!!! Here's praying they go together with all the points matching!!
big_smile.png
My 4 patch blocks have went together very well! They are matching exactly!

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Road to California. Start saving some money so you can buy some things. That is definitely part of the fun. I enjoyed time with my friend and 18 year old DD. We did bring our own lunch and snacks. I was exhausted but it was well worth it. The quilts were stunning and the vendors brought so much fabric and quilty stuff to look at and buy.

I really enjoyed Road to California. Start saving some money so you can buy some things. That is definitely part of the fun. I enjoyed time with my friend and 18 year old DD. We did bring our own lunch and snacks. I was exhausted but it was well worth it. The quilts were stunning and the vendors brought so much fabric and quilty stuff to look at and buy.
Yeah that is why I am going to try and stay away from the Atlanta one.

Back
Top Bottom