First quilt block swap 2016

keepmumsane~Can you send us some of that 86 F here???!!! Oh to feel some warm sun! The older I get, the more I really dislike the cold, too, katsdar! We were talking last night, when we retire, I think we're going to go south for the winter! I hope that will become a reality! My blocks are almost done!! Just 18 more seams to sew! I will finish them on Monday morning, then get them in the mail on Tuesday or Wednesday.

keepmumsane~Can you send us some of that 86 F here???!!! Oh to feel some warm sun! The older I get, the more I really dislike the cold, too, katsdar! We were talking last night, when we retire, I think we're going to go south for the winter! I hope that will become a reality! My blocks are almost done!! Just 18 more seams to sew! I will finish them on Monday morning, then get them in the mail on Tuesday or Wednesday.
send to the 1513 address

here is another quilt top almost finished, I am thinking of a black border and the sage green for the backing, opinions/suggestions welcomed

Love it!

I really like orange and green together. Maybe add a narrow orange border, tone on tone, and then a green border. Not a big fan of black. Maybe stick the black on the back and as the binding. You could even roll it from the back to the front.

here is another quilt top almost finished, I am thinking of a black border and the sage green for the backing, opinions/suggestions welcomed

Any special destination planned for the beautiful quilt?

I am currently working on two 1930 fabrics square in a square baby girl quilts. I made one recently and liked it so much I am making two more. One will probably go to my second dauhgter as she is expecting a baby girl in the summer and we are waiting to hear what the gender is from another grand baby due in late summer.

Love it!

I really like orange and green together. Maybe add a narrow orange border, tone on tone, and then a green border. Not a big fan of black. Maybe stick the black on the back and as the binding. You could even roll it from the back to the front.

I like your ideas, after I posted the black idea I got to thinking black doesn't fade gracefully, so I have nixed that idea,
Any special destination planned for the beautiful quilt?

I am currently working on two 1930 fabrics square in a square baby girl quilts. I made one recently and liked it so much I am making two more. One will probably go to my second dauhgter as she is expecting a baby girl in the summer and we are waiting to hear what the gender is from another grand baby due in late summer.
no special destination, post pics of your quilts your working on, would love to see them/it, and your being spoiled with all the babies, mine have yet to start, the youngest just got married so it will be a while, I never wanted to know what I was having, but I guess them before I had them.

Mostly finished with the Underground Railroad Quilt - I want to put a dark brown border to help frame it. Thank you to all that put some of these blocks together for that swap. I like how it turned out! With the extra blocks I have, I may just make a smaller baby blanket!

Back
Top Bottom