First quilt block swap

Nice quilt....I need to get all my blocks together and see if I can get a quilt started with them. Just something else added to my "to quilt" list
gig.gif

Sara, you have inspired me so much!! Last night I sat and organized all the blocks I have from the swaps and separated them into "springy" and more fall looking and when I get my rotary cutters from an ebay auction I will square them all up and sew them together like yours. I guess I had always thought they needed sashing but I really like the look of yours with the blocks sewn together as they are. I have a piece of walmart sale fabric I can use for the back, very country looking so I just need a piece of batting. I also like the way you used the backing for the binding..I had been thinking that's what I would do anyway but actually seeing it done that way on yours now I'm sure..you did great thanks for sharing!!.....and enabling, lol!
wink.png

I had thought of putting sashing between the blocks but decided against it because I just have so many unfinished projects that I just went with the quickest way to get it done. I used the backing for the binding since I didn't have any of the fabrics in the quilt to use.

Hopefully the rotary cutters and mat I bought will be here early next week and I can get mine all perfectly even and start sewing them together. I thought I would do the 20 like you did although I have all different ones and yours has a bit of a pattern with the doubles..hope it turns out as nice!!
smile.png

Quote:
I need about 9 more blocks before I can make one. I love that fabric on the back of yours, Sara, But I have yet to see any around here. (Hubby doesn't allow me to shop online anymore)
sad.png

I did see it on line though, forgot if it was thousandsofbolts.com or bearpawquilting.com but one of those I think....when you can sneak an online shopping trip in!! If it weren't for online shopping I would barely do any, it so much more convenient to my work/racing/crittercaring/famliy&hometakingcareof life!

Acre said:
Well, the reason for him not letting me is......someone got our card info. and had a field day with it. It's O.K. with me.

That's why I set up a PayPal account. I can pay for most things I order thru that one secure account.

I use paypal like crazy too..course I'm an ebay addict myself and have used paypal since I got on ebay years and years ago..one nice thing is that they are vey good with following up on broken or never sent items and will reimburse you if you can prove your case..had that happen about 3 times and they always found in my favor. I also like that my banking info is not given out..fabric.com and thousandsofbolts.com both use paypal too..just in case anyone needed a little nudge in the fabric arena today, lol!!!
big_smile.png

What a nice quilt. You did a great job. Can I ask how you quilted it? Machine or hand quilted? I like the simple look of the diagnal lines.

prairiegirl

Back
Top Bottom