First Really COLD day In Upstate NY!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by torbaynewfs, Jan 3, 2012.

1. torbaynewfs

torbaynewfs Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2010
    Owego, NY
    Guess the girls and Roo don't seem to mind!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. goldies99

goldies99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    first cold day???...we had a cold snap a few weeks ago...on a monday!.....in the teens!.....but we have snow now!!!...my girls are NOT happy with it out there!

3. torbaynewfs

Jun 30, 2010
    Owego, NY
    We have had a bit of cold, but nothing like today! It is less than 20 degrees and blowing! I should not complain since it is Jan. for God's sake!!!!!!!! And we have not had much more snow than we have now! Things could be a lot worse!!!!

4. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    32 degrees here... brr.... no snow yet!

5. torbaynewfs

Jun 30, 2010
    Owego, NY
    I can manage to deal with the cold, but the snow just makes things complicated!!!! I spend all my time shoveling paths for the chickens and never get to the driveway! At least the ducks could always glide over the top of the snow!

6. Tambo26

Tambo26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Orrington, MAINE
    It was 1 (one) degree when I let the girls out this morning. They could care. They stay out all day. It seems that when it is coldest ... I have to physically put them into the coop for the night!

7. douglashappyfarm

douglashappyfarm Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2010
    Jesup, Georgia
    glad we don't have snow here in south ga happy not to deal with it joe&diane

8. ladychicken&Ducklover

ladychicken&Ducklover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    Quote:We just ended a 3 day Blizzard which i think is what you guys are getting now.

Saturday, it was 12 deg with 45=50 mph winds with higher gusts and my dopy chickens and ducks are the same as yours, I have to "bribe" them to go into their coop.

We have 3 ft of snow already, and its impossible to keep up with shoveling paths for them..lol..[​IMG]

9. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Also in upstate NY.. we hit sub-zero yesterday and my chickens didn't even notice.. ran outside like I was chasing them with an axe! [​IMG] No heat in the coops, they didn't care.

10. dawgpaws

dawgpaws Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    Mississippi
    Always wished I lived in upstate NY rather than MIssissippi!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by