First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

It is pretty quiet here at the Bar and Grill!

Nothing exciting is going on here in Colorado. We have another snow storm. So much for tilling my garden next week...

The gals have refused to go outside for a week now. I can tell they are getting restless. Every time I go check on them, the amount of "hey lady, get rid of this white stuff" squawking is really getting loud. Nothing like 311 screaming chicks though.
I scraped the snow off their ramp, but they still refuse. Oh well.

I am here.

Just nothing new to talk about, this stinking December weather in nearly early March has me depressed!

There is so much I want to do outside, but I am not going to do it in sub zero temps.

I did leave an update on Bert on the minnesota thread. I just try not to post it in both here and there as I think people would not like that...

It is too cold to even have an adult beverage, I am out of milk to go into my Schnapps and chocolate. Not worth running out for milk....Now if it was the schnapps I was out of, it would be worth the trip..

Only our Welsummers, Cochins and Bramahs wanna go out. Cochins have lots of feathers on them so they stay warm. But I dont know about the others they are just weird.

I'm getting my Welsummer roo back on the 10th!!!!! Hoping to cross him with these young ladies!!

Snow's melting so I can get outside with danger. ha. Everybody weathered the 5" just fine. heh heh Then Clint tells me another wave is in Dallas and headed this way. Then another. Yesterday, I was thinking to myself, yep, spring is here. Last hurrah on storms. Not so much. But my time is short and I got things to accomplish and I want the weather to pay attention to my plans. Yeah. Uh huh.
lau.gif

Sorry, I haven't been as active at the Bar and Grill. Man, I just feel like there is not enough hours in the day lately!

My chicks had a birthday yesterday....one week old! I know that sounds silly but with baby chicks, it is a milestone. I have lost 5 unfortunately. But we are still on the packing peanut side of things. I am working hard to keep dirty buns clean, the brooder clean and comfy, and food and water flowing freely.

OMG these little girls are SO cute. Have any of you ever since a chick mosh pit?? All these little girls entwine and snuggle up together when they sleep and other girls will run across the top of them and slide down into a tiny hole between chicks to snuggle into the middle. I'm not sure if you can picture that from my description. I may have to get a video.

Holm: I love your pictures. Those are beautiful chickens!

I have discovered that I must have house chickens now. If the door gets left open for a second there is at least one ready to let herself in. I was sitting on the couch yesterday wrapping up a job while my husband was getting ready to go to work. All of a sudden who do I see walking around the corner and into the living room to see me? My sweet EE, Ari. My husband said that he came in the back door to wash his hands at the utility sink and she came in. He thought it would make me smile, so he just let her go in to find me.

I don't think that it is even possible to not be a crazy chicken lady with this kind of support.

I am still here.
I have all the chicks brooding in the house to be extra warm.
I went to tsc yesterday and bought six more CX. Also what I think are porcelain d'uccle bearded bantam and black sex link or australorp.
I will be processing again if the weather gets better.
My CX from Meyer that I ordered are getting big and are very active. I feed them three meals a day and they are so freindly too.

I am so jealous of all of your chicks!!!

It will be months before I ever get chicks......

Jessica, I have never wanted a house chicken. but I found myself looking at chicken diapers the other day. I know my wife and I would have a major domestic dispute, but I would love to make Bert into a house chicken. He is just so luvable! When I pick him up and carry him he struggles like a 2 year old, but I still just want to hug him and hold him tight....( I will be finding a shrink soon to deal with this)

Back
Top Bottom