First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

I get my CX from the local feed store. They get them from Mount Healthy.
I have noticed this last batch is a bit different than the first batch from there, but I assume that is to be expected.

Where did you get your CX's? I'M ordering from Macmurray. A little worried as they have VERY mixed reviews. Ive loved dealing with Ideal Poultry, they don't have the breeds im interested in
welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you here!!!! Most of the midwest hatcheries can't send right now because of the Avian Influenza. You might want to rethink Ideal. As far as I know right now there are no cases of AI in Texas or Louisiana. Now I could be wrong so don't take my info as gospel.
gig.gif

My meat birds, called White Broilers, came from Meyer hatchery in Polk, Ohio. I was able to drive the 90 mins to pick them up rather than pay shipping for the 34 chicks. This is my first hatchery experience so I have no results or insight into other hatcheries.

Great news!!!!! By driving you will get better results. Being in La I can't order from them because of crossing state lines. They are cancelling a lot of state fair expeditions this year because of the infection.

My 8 cx meaties are still waddling around the yard today.

*hangs head in shame* but I am pretty sick with an awful cough and fever. Please meatballs, don't croak on me. They only get fed 1x a day and are 11 weeks old today.

My muscovy Becky is hatching ccl x ac eggs atm as I type.
She's in a nesting box pretty high off the ground, should I gather her and the rest of the eggs up and move them? I hate being sick.. I can't think straight.

My 8 cx meaties are still waddling around the yard today.

*hangs head in shame* but I am pretty sick with an awful cough and fever. Please meatballs, don't croak on me. They only get fed 1x a day and are 11 weeks old today.

My muscovy Becky is hatching ccl x ac eggs atm as I type.
She's in a nesting box pretty high off the ground, should I gather her and the rest of the eggs up and move them? I hate being sick.. I can't think straight.

Get better soon honey.

Meyer hatchery has really good meaties. We got 1 from them in a package and she stuck out from all the others. She was white with 1 or 2 black feathers.

DK I hope you get better!!

Here's a couple pictures of my meatballs from yesterday. They are huge

Please keep in mind it has been raining non stop for 3+ weeks and I think I might be dying from whatever illness this is. The meatballs love the mud. Mud is everywhere.

BTW.. these are the smaller of my 8 cx meaties. They seem to still be moving fine. They try to go up into the house to follow me *very food focused* so.. that's good right?

I just cracked open a big watermelon for the flocks, as the sun made a short debut.

If doing that didn't make me almost pass out.. and I puked because I was coughing so hard so went back inside to tell ya'lls about it.

But I uploaded pictures finally! !

Last edited:
Meyer says to feed Medicated started the first 3 weeks then switch to broiler feed 18% on a 12 hr on 12 hr off schedule. I have 28% meat bird that I'm feeding to my other birds and am wondering if this is too high for the White Broilers. I plan on processing at 9 weeks. thoughts?

Here's a couple pictures of my meatballs from yesterday. They are huge

Please keep in mind it has been raining non stop for 3+ weeks and I think I might be dying from whatever illness this is. The meatballs love the mud. Mud is everywhere.

BTW.. these are the smaller of my 8 cx meaties. They seem to still be moving fine. They try to go up into the house to follow me *very food focused* so.. that's good right?

I just cracked open a big watermelon for the flocks, as the sun made a short debut.

If doing that didn't make me almost pass out.. and I puked because I was coughing so hard so went back inside to tell ya'lls about it.

But I uploaded pictures finally! !

It looks like your meatballs already come with gravy on them.
lau.gif

I really hope you feel better soon.

Back
Top Bottom